Project Smart’s 10 Most Popular Articles of 2013
- 10 Ways to Become a Better Project Manager
16 March, by Michelle Symonds.
Michelle achieved the top spot with her look at how to advance your career in project management.
- Top 10 Soft Skills for Project Managers – Part 1
13 July, by Brad Egeland.
The runner-up from Brad looks at the soft skills project managers should have to succeed more than they fail.
- 10 More Quotes That Make You a Better Project Manager
23 February, by Duncan Haughey.
Duncan’s follow-up to his original ’10 quotes’ proves just as popular and is the third of our most popular articles in 2013.
- How to Successfully Kick-off the Project Engagement
2 March, by Brad Egeland.
Brad reminds us that you never get a second chance to make a first impression, and the same is true for kicking off a project.
- When is a Project Manager not a Project Manager
1 September, by Anthony Sherick.
Halfway through the list is Anthony’s popular article exploring the many roles claiming the title of ‘Project Manager’ that really aren’t.
- Selling it to the Stakeholders
24 February, by Kenneth Darter.
Next Kenneth gives us three tactics to help us become better sales people and more effective communicators.
- Planning Lifecycle in PRINCE2
12 January, by Nader Khorrami Rad.
Here we get an in-depth look at the planning lifecycle in PRINCE2.
- Top Tips For How to Manage Project Teams Remotely
7 April, by Marian Woods.
Today many project teams work remotely, Marian offers us eight suggestions for managing those teams effectively. (Removed at request of author).
- Project Management is Like a Box of Chocolates
28 April, by Brad Egeland.
For those with a sweet tooth, Brad returns talking about dealing with ‘unknowns’ on a project.
- How to Become an Accidental Project Manager
1 June, by Duncan Haughey.
Finally, Duncan is back looking at how to maximise your chances of becoming an ‘accidental’ project manager.
All ten articles focus on becoming a better project manager and is a testament to the importance of project management in business today.